Domestic Package Insurance
This insurance provides cover to individuals against risks one’s private dwelling is exposed to.
It provides financial protection against loss of or damage to almost everything you have worked hard for in your household including;
- The buildings
- The contents (furniture, clothing, kitchen equipment, etc.)
- All Risks section covers specified items (TVs, Videos, Cameras, Phones, Watches, Music systems, Jewellery etc.)
- Domestic Servants (indoor and outdoor)
- Personal Liability
The policy extends to include your personal liability either as an owner or an occupier of the premises to third parties, for damage to third party property or death/injury to third parties arising out of your use of the premises.
Scope of cover
- Accidental damage by falling trees, earthquake and other natural perils, flood from water tanks and pipes, damage by road vehicles
- Liability to third parties
- Occupational accidents (death or illness to the servants as per the Workmen’s Compensation Act, including your liability as an employer at common law for acts of negligence)
Cost of alternative accommodation is provided under the cover when your home is made inhabitable by any of the above risks.