Marine Cargo Insurance
This cover is recommended for businesses whose operations involve regular importation of Raw materials, packaging materials, spares, etc. and/or exportation of finished products from one destination to another by sea, road, rail or air.
This policy covers the risk of loss, destruction or damage to cargo in transit.
The insurance is activated at the time the goods leave the warehouse or place of storage named in the policy for the start of the transit, continues during the ordinary course of transit and terminates either:-
- On delivery to the consignees or other final warehouse or place of storage at the destination named in the policy or,
- On the expiry of sixty days after completion of discharge of the goods from the vessel at the final port of discharge.
The indemnity provided under this policy is against physical loss and/or damage to the goods whilst in transit from one country to another.
The cover considerations are based on;
- Type of goods being carried
- Packaging of the goods
- Mode of transportation
- Origins and destination of goods.
The following additional risks too are covered under a marine all risk policy:
- Shortage due to tearing and bursting of bags / cans, overturning, derailment.
- Short delivery / Non-delivery, Leakage/Breakage
- Theft/Pilferage, Contamination.
- Denting/Bending/Chipping, Rusting.
- Rain water damage / Fresh water damage.
- Damage by extraneous substances.
- Breakage of bridges/Culverts.
- Damage due to jerks and jolts during transit, collision with or by carrying vehicle.
- Damage while handling at Port of Entry or at Exit Port.
- Damage while handling during loading / unloading at warehouses / intermediate stores / trans-shipment etc.
- Loss while unloading process at site due to failure of crane, slings, etc.
- Loss or damage due to lightning.
- Assets Protection and Loss of income
- Fire & Allied Perils
- Business Interruption & Consequential Loss (Fire)
- Burglary Insurance
- Machinery Breakdown
- Electronic Equipment Insurance
- Business Interruption Extension (Machinery Breakdown)
- Money/Cash in Transit Insurance
- Goods In Transit Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Fidelity Guarantee Insurance
- All Risks Insurance
- Plate Glass Insurance
- Projects & Transport
- Employee Benefits & Litigation Protection
- Special Risks